The Backbone explores the journey inside finance at high-growth technology startups. Our host Shubham Datta interviews finance leaders at various stages of emerging technology companies to find out their story, key financial and operating metrics they track, how they measure them and what their biggest challenges are. Hear directly from finance leaders at tech startups who are in there day in and day out, serving as the backbone of their company.
The Backbone is also a great resource for learning how to break into startups with an accounting or finance background with unique insights from guests.
For even more details, including show notes and blog posts by finance leaders themselves head over to www.thebackbone.xyz
On this episode of The Backbone, I chat with Sacha about:
- His journey into tech and co-founding Litmus, after roles in investment banking, asset management and finance;
- What Litmus Automation does;
- The challenges of founding an IoT company with a background in finance and things he would do differently if he could do it over again;
- Bootstrapping vs raising venture capital funding and making the most of the funds you raise;
- The importance of the finance function at an early stage technology company
We close things off with a quickfire round:
- Go to online resource for all things startup finance related
- Favourite productivity hack
- One thing you don’t leave the office before finishing