The Backbone explores the journey inside finance at high-growth technology startups. Our host Shubham Datta interviews finance leaders at various stages of emerging technology companies to find out their story, key financial and operating metrics they track, how they measure them and what their biggest challenges are. Hear directly from finance leaders at tech startups who are in there day in and day out, serving as the backbone of their company.
The Backbone is also a great resource for learning how to break into startups with an accounting or finance background with unique insights from guests.
For even more details, including show notes and blog posts by finance leaders themselves head over to www.thebackbone.co
On this episode of The Backbone, I chat with Jennifer about:
- Her move into tech from EY and concurrently managing various brands at Ratehub;
- What Ratehub is all about;
- The learnings from raising a $12M Series A round;
- The biggest change as a finance leader of venture-funded company
- The importance of the finance function at a technology company
We close things off with a quickfire round:
- Your go to online resource for all things startup finance related
- Your favourite productivity hack
- Tech jargon that makes you cringe
- The best advise you've received
- One thing you don't leave the office before finishing