The Backbone explores the journey inside finance at high-growth technology startups. Our host Shubham Datta interviews finance leaders at various stages of emerging technology companies to find out their story, key financial and operating metrics they track, how they measure them and what their biggest challenges are. Hear directly from finance leaders at tech startups who are in there day in and day out, serving as the backbone of their company.
The Backbone is also a great resource for learning how to break into startups with an accounting or finance background with unique insights from guests.
For even more details, including show notes and blog posts by finance leaders themselves head over to www.thebackbone.xyz
On this episode of The Backbone, I chat with Rob about:
- His journey to TouchBistro and how he got started in finance within the software industry;
- What TouchBistro is all about;
- Unique opportunities and challenges you face being the finance leader of a company serving the restaurant space;
- Breaking into the tech industry in a finance capacity;
- The importance of the finance function at a technology company
We close things off with a quickfire round:
- Go to online resource for all things startup finance related
- Favourite productivity hack
- One thing you don’t leave the office before finishing